Manager of Application Development
SmartPros is seeking a new Manager of Application Development.
- Manage the maintenance and development of the core systems that deliver and track education programs for SmartPros.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for resource needs based on scheduled updates to systems.
- Assist in performing technology reviews of competing products and develop recommendations for feature enhancements to core systems based on those reviews.
- Assist in the planning and managing of assigned developer resources on new product vertical integration as a result of new product development or acquisitions.
- Perform annual review for direct reports and assess training needs. Plan and participate in professional development activities.
- Attend to other duties as assigned by manager.
- Travel required to client sites and work locations as needed.
The ideal candidate MUST possess the following skills and experience;
- Must have Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related plus 5 years of experience.
- Must have 2 years experience in a supervisory position overseeing .NET application development team(s).
- Must have 2 years Agile Development methodology experience.
- Must have 3 years experience in database design with SQL Server and Web applications development with ASP.NET and C#.
- Must have 5 years experience in Application Development.
- Must have experience with Object Oriented design and development methodologies.
- Must have experience with Web Services development, XML, UML and ASP.NET AJAX.
- Must have experience in eLearning delivery methodologies, industry knowledge/experience in continuing education in the professions of one or more of: Legal, Accounting, Financial Services, Banking and Engineering.
- Must have experience managing time-zone diverse employees, SCRUM mastership, Telerik controls and MS Team Foundation Server.
- Must have ability to analyze requirements and create tech specs.
- Must have experience in SQL Reporting Services 2005/2008. Telecommuting available.
- Must be willing to travel.